History of 1+1 media
1+1 media group is Ukraine's oldest media holding and one of the largest media holdings in Eastern Europe. Our story began in the fall of 1995, when Oleksandr Rodnyansky founded Studio 1+1 Production Company. Over time, other TV channels, a news agency, online media, platforms, educational and charitable projects, etc. appeared, and the number of initiatives grew every day.
It was on September 3, 1995, that the words «Hello, Studio 1+1 is on the air» were first heard from the presenter Lyudmyla Klepakova on the air of UT-1 Channel.
From the first days of its existence, the 1+1 media group embodied progressive ideas, began to speak in Ukrainian and about Ukrainian, started trends in the media market, and broadcast a new vision of the world:
- Domestic television began to speak Ukrainian precisely on 1+1;
- "Plus" started the trend of purchasing foreign content and provided dubbing, which became, without exaggeration, legendary;
- TV channel TET became the first entertainment channel in Ukraine;
- "Look!" was the first program in the infotainment genre on domestic TV on TET;
- TSN on 1+1 was the first to declare among its priorities "showing real news for real people," getting rid of the templates inherent in that time;
- The "Breakfast with 1+1" project is the longest-running live broadcast and the highest-rated morning show in the country;
- 1+1 media became the first company in the media sphere which comprehensively deals with the development of the employer's brand and takes care of corporate culture;
- PLUSPLUS TV channel started mass production of children's television projects in Ukraine;
- 1+1 media became the first media group to develop its project formats with successful implementation abroad;
- TV channel 1+1 has introduced a trend for live broadcast projects in Ukraine;
- 1+1 media was the first to start differentiating YouTube channels by the project.